Student Visas


Tier 4 Visa – UK Student Visa

The key features of Tier 4 are as follows;

There are two types of student categories;

a) Adult student – for students coming to the United Kingdom for post 16 year old education

b) Child student – for children between 4 and 17 years old – those between 4 and 15 may only be educated at independent fee paying schools

Applicants must have met the requirements of the immigration rules and have 40 points in total;

30 Points which is proved by a Visa letter from the licenced education provider
10 Points for having enough money to cover the course fees

The Education Provider otherwise known as the Sponsor
The school or college must have a licence from the UK Border Agency.

The Visa Letter
The Sponsor will issue a visa letter which is an official and unconditional offer of a place on a course of study.The visa letter must be issued no more than 6 months before a visa application is made.


Money required

The money needed must cover the course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months.

The money must be held in cash and have been in the possession of the applicant for at least 28 days.

The following amount of money must be shown to meet basic living costs (not including fees)

  • £800 per month if living in London
  • £600 per month if living outside London

Proof of the money can be shown by way of;

Cash in an account in your name or;
A loan in your name or;
Official financial or government sponsorship

General conditions of stay in the United Kingdom

  • If at a publicly funded university – work no more than 20 hours a week during term time
  • If at a publicly funded FE college – work no more than 10 hours per week during time
  • If at another institution – no work at all
  • No right to bring family members unless on a post-graduate course of more than 12 months

If you’d like MediVisas to assess your eligibility as a Student under the Tier 4 System or conduct a document check before you submit you application

Get in touch with us >