Police checks needed for teaching, medical and welfare professions

By MediVisas on January 3, 2017 in Uncategorized

From January 2017, Tier 2 applicants in certain professions may be needed to have police checks from their home country, and any country where they have lived for a period of 12 months or more (cumulatively or consecutively) in the previous 10 years.

We would advise applicants and employers in this situation to make the request for the certificate at the earliest possible opportunity.

This will also apply to their adult dependents, but at the moment appears to only apply to those applying for leave to enter, not leave to remain.

The affected SOC codes are as follows:

1181 Health services and public health managers and directors
1184 Social services managers and directors
2211 Medical practitioners
2212 Psychologists
2213 Pharmacists
2214 Ophthalmic opticians
2215 Dental practitioners
2217 Medical radiographers
2218 Podiatrists
2219 Health professionals not elsewhere classified
2221 Physiotherapists
2222 Occupational therapists
2223 Speech and language therapists
2229 Therapy professionals not elsewhere classified
2231 Nurses
2232 Midwives
2312 Further education teaching professionals
2314 Secondary education teaching professionals
2315 Primary and nursery education teaching professionals
2316 Special needs education teaching professionals
2317 Senior professionals of educational establishments
2318 Education advisers and school inspectors
2319 Teaching and other educational professionals not elsewhere classified
2442 Social workers
2443 Probation officers
2449 Welfare professionals not elsewhere classified

MediVisas will update this list should it change.

For any questions please email us on [email protected]

About the Author

MediVisasView all posts by MediVisas